Here are some key features of "OpenOffice.org":
OpenOffice.org Writer - The powerful word processor:
· The powerful word processor
· Wizards to produce standard documents such as letters, faxes, agendas, minutes.
· Styles and Formatting to put the power of style sheets into the hands of every user.
· AutoCorrect dictionary, which can check your spelling as you type.
· AutoComplete to make typing easy
· Text frames and linking for newsletters, flyers, etc..
· Table of contents, index for complex documents
· OpenDocument and MS-Word .doc format compatible
OpenOffice.org Impress - Impress your audience:
· Master Pages and Layouts simplify the task of preparing your materials.
· Complete range of Views are supported: Normall / Outlline / Slide Sorter / Notes / Handouts to meet all the needs of presenters and audiences.
· Easy-to-use drawing and diagramming tools to spice up your presentation.
· Slide show Animation and Effects to bring a presentation to life.
· Fontworks provides stunning 2D and 3D images from text.
· OpenDocument and MS-Powerpoint .ppt file format compatibility
OpenOffice.org Calc - The full-featured spreadsheet:
· Natural language formulas let you create formulas using words (e.g. "sales - costs").
· Hundreds of spreadsheet functions with built-in expert help
· Scenario Manager allows "what if ..." analysis at the touch of a button.
· Powerful graphics to extract the meaning from your numbers
· Pull in data from external databases with DataPilot technology
· OpenDocument and MS-Excel .xls file format compatibility
· 256 Mbytes RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
· At least 650 Mbytes available disk space for a default install (including a JRE) via download. After installation and deletion of temporary installation files, OpenOffice.org will use approximately 440 Mbytes disk space
· 1024 x 768 or higher resolution with at least 256 colours
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Custom Properties Handling:
· OpenOffice.org allows users to define any number of custom document properties as name/value pairs in the File > Properties dialog. With version 3.3 it is possible to also define DateTime values and values that contain a duration.
Embedding of Standard PDF Fonts:
· In previous versions, the standard PDF standard fonts (Times, Helvetica, Courier, Symbol and ZapfDingbats) were only embedded into the resulting PDF when the resulting file was of the PDF/A type, since the PDF/A standards requires this. In version 3.3, you can optionally embed these fonts in all PDF documents created by OpenOffice.org to enhance display accuracy in PDF viewers.
New Narrow Font Family:
· Oracle contributed a narrow font family to the free and open source Liberation font families. Being metrically compatible to the Arial Narrow font, widely used on Microsoft Windows systems, this font family now completes the Liberation family and delivers a compat...
Freeware | File EXE 145.7 MB | Free Download OpenOffice.org 3